Welcome to the FIRA Site
Welcome! FIRA was formed in 2003 as a pan-Canadian alliance of individuals, organizations and institutions dedicated to the development and sharing of knowledge focusing on father involvement, and the building of a community-university research alliance supporting this work.
Through its various partnerships, FIRA has worked to:
- generate ideas and directions for research activities
- design dissemination strategies aimed at sharing the knowledge with practitioners, academics, policy makers and the general public
- promote evidence-based strategies for policy development, practice and systemic change which supports father/child relationships and the positive influence of fathers
- link to and engage a broad range of interested individuals, organizations and institutions
- elicit the concerns/issues of Canadian fathers from the standpoint of fathers, mothers and children themselves